Silo is a new Apple TV+ original series that premiered on May 5, 2023. The show is based on Hugh Howey’s 2011 novel of the same name, and it tells the story of a post-apocalyptic world where humans live in underground silos.
The show stars Rebecca Ferguson as Juliette, an engineer from the lowest level of the silo who is accused of a crime she did not commit. Juliette soon learns that the silo is a dangerous place, and she must find a way to survive if she wants to escape.
Silo is a dark and suspenseful thriller that will keep you on the edge of your seat. The show is well-acted and beautifully shot, and it offers a unique and thought-provoking look at the human condition.
Here are some of the things that I liked about the show:
- The acting is superb. Rebecca Ferguson gives a tour-de-force performance as Juliette, and she is supported by a strong cast of actors.
- The writing is sharp and intelligent. The show explores complex themes in a thoughtful and nuanced way, and it never feels preachy or heavy-handed.
- The visuals are stunning. The show is beautifully shot, and the use of color and light is particularly effective.
Here are some of the things that I didn’t like about the show:
- The pacing can be a bit slow at times. The show is not afraid to take its time, and it can be a bit frustrating at times to wait for the plot to move forward.
- The ending is a bit ambiguous. The series does not offer a clear-cut resolution to the conflict, and it leaves the viewer to decide for themselves what happens next.
Overall, I really enjoyed Silo. It is a dark and suspenseful thriller that will keep you on the edge of your seat. The show is well-acted, beautifully shot, and offers a unique and thought-provoking look at the human condition. I would definitely recommend it to fans of science fiction, drama, and thrillers.
Here are some additional thoughts on the show:
- Silo is a powerful and timely story about the potential for change. It is a reminder that we have the power to create a better world, if we are willing to fight for it.
- The show is also a celebration of the human spirit. It shows how humans can overcome even the most difficult challenges if they work together.
- Silo is a must-watch for anyone who is interested in science fiction, drama, or thrillers. It is a powerful and thought-provoking series that will stay with you long after you finish watching it.
Here are some additional details about the show:
- Silo is a 10-episode series.
- The show was created by Graham Yost.
- The show is based on the novel of the same name by Hugh Howey.
- The show stars Rebecca Ferguson, Tim Robbins, Common, and Harriet Walter.
- Silo is a co-production between Apple TV+ and AMC Studios.